How to Fix a Registry With DOS
1. Click the 'Start' button from the desktop, then click the 'Shut Down' button. Click the 'Restart' option to restart your computer automatically.
2. Press and hold down the 'Ctrl' key as your computer restarts to access the DOS startup menu on your screen.
3. Select the 'Command prompt only' option from the list of options using your arrow keys. Press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
4. Enter 'scanreg /fix' into the command line of the command prompt and press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.
5. Press the 'Enter' key again when the scan is finished. Press the power button for your computer to restart again. The registry should be fixed.